Sunday, May 17, 2009

Target

Last night I went to Target to get the best of last weeks deals before the new sales would start. I have mixed reviews. I love the deals I got, but I had a difficult time with the cashier. Being the optimist I am though, we'll start with the great deals first.


In this picture there are 2 packs of cottonelle toilet paper (12 rolls each), 4 boxes of always pads, 14 velveeta shells and cheese cups, 14 mac and cheese cups, 8 bar-b-que sauces, 5 Garnier shampoos, 5 Garnier conditioners, 6 mayonnaise, 2 A1 sauce, 4 packs of Kraft cheese slices, and 4 boxes of 100 calorie snack packs.

Now onto business, with the cashier. At first she was okay, chit chatting and all, but once I brought out the coupons that was it. She started acting rude with me. She didn't want to take my coupons and started complaining to a nearby manager, who told her to take the coupons. The problem was with my bar-b-que coupons. The sauce was $.99, and the coupons were for $1 off, making them free. Well the cashier didn't want to do complete the transaction, and the manager told her to go ahead with it. They argued in front of me for a few minutes, with the cashier telling the manager, "you do it", and the manager telling her I can't I'm busy. So the cashier rings up my stuff, grumbling the whole time and saying, I know where this is going, and I can't believe this. She even told me I couldn't use 2 coupons for the same product, and I told her that I could use 1 store coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per product, again grumpy. Finally we get to the paying part. I hand her my 2 gift cards that I got from the first 2 transactions, and she practically yells at me that I can't use them because I haven't paid for them. I very politely tell her yes I can, because I paid for them in the first 2 transactions, and this was my third. Now's the fun part, she grabbed the gift cards out of my hand and gave me one of the dirtiest looks you ever saw! I paid and left, and was in practically tears when I loaded my car. Here I am trying to save my family money, while I have a grumpy cashier making a huge scene of it, and making me feel like I'm putting her job at jeopardy. Makes me feel so crappy!


No comments: