Saturday, November 14, 2009

setting up shop

It's been a while since my last experience selling my creations, and I feel it's time to bring it back. I've learned a lot since then, not just about sewing but about running my business too. So I've been lost lately in licensing terms and agreements, copyrighting laws, messaging with people to get my tags/labels/cards printed up, and my logo created.

At the moment I've only shared the name with my best friend, but hopefully I'll be able to share it soon. I'm just waiting on dates that I'll have my labels, tags, and cards that way I can give a tentative opening date for my new shop. And rest assured, I'm thinking BIG this time! With samples and cards in hand I will be doing some traveling and trying to peddle my wares to different boutique store fronts, and already planning a few craft/boutique fairs for the coming year. I hope to be open by christmas, but we'll see. I'm slowly building up stock, and have been gathering my materials little by little. Hopefully my vision comes to fruition this time, and I'll be able to generate a decent income from the hobby I love so much.

So that's my busy life lately in a nutshell. I hope to be back to the blogging world like my regular self soon!