Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Buzzzz around the hive

I'm working on a few things right now, and I thought I'd give you all a peek into my world. I just finished some dinosaur shoes for the girly, and she loves them. I still have to mod podge them (so they don't get messed up if they get wet), so she hasn't been able to really wear them. But here's the finished project anyway.

There's more designs on the sides, but it's really just random spots of color and a few dino prints.


The thing I'm most proud of and into lately is a Link sweater for my baby boy O. He's really into Zelda right now, so I figured why not? It's more detailed than I'm used to, so it's really going to be a work in progress. I'm loving the idea of posting pictures as I go along, so everyone can follow my little bits of progress on this bad boy. Here it is the other day, when I first started.Basically it's just Link's hair, shoes, and sword that were painted. His hat was cut out, but not painted at this point. And I just noticed lol, that the picture is upside down. Sorry! Here's Orion's sweater today, after painted the hat, and adding his name to the bottom.I cut out more pieces of Link tonight, and I'm hoping (since I'm stuck at home tomorrow) to finish more of it. I tried to cut out as many of the pieces as possible tonight, because it's not easy keeping a steady hand with an exacto knife when you have a toddler tugging at you lol. I hope to get his tunic and flesh colored pieces done tomorrow, but it's all going to depend on how many coats of paint these parts need. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out so far, and so is Orion, so that's an A+ for mom!

No comments: