Monday, January 5, 2009

Better Tomorrow

So last night as I was randomly reading blogs, I decided that yes, I will have a new years resolution! I haven't ever had one, and I'm not getting any younger here so what the hey. But I didn't want some lame resolution like I'm going to stop eating potatoe chips, I wanted something really meaningful to live up to. I thought long and hard about it. I like who I am and how I am, but I don't think I'm being the best person I can be. Voila! I'm resoluting to being a better person.

How am I going to do this you ask? Well, first I had to decide what do "good" people do. My idea of a good person, thinks about their family, the environment, and others. Now since this is my first resolution I didn't want to set myself up for failure, so I'm starting out slowly here. To meet the family part, I'm striving to make all the gifts (birthdays and what not) that we give this year. On top of that, I'm going to try to make all of the kids clothes, and going to attempt to make the boys' school uniforms come September. Doing that also fulfills my environmental conscious part too! By not buying more stuff to give cuts down on packaging waste, and greenhouse gases that would have been used to make the stuff I would have gave. I also plan on making my own resusable market bags, yay I'm going more green. Now the thinking of others part.

This part of the new me gets it's own paragraph because it's that touching. I came across a website a while back, in my search for free patterns to make. Here it is now http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/patterns.html, sounds like a commercial huh? Anyways, there's a section on that site that has free patterns to make for preemies. Not just surviving preemies, but also for those that go home to Heaven. There's links to other websites that have more patterns, which have more links and organizations to donate these things to. This really touched my heart. I consider myself to be very blessed to have my 3 healthy children that I get to watch grow and learn everyday. So I plan on printing some of these patterns and making a few of these items every month. I'm not going to set a limit on how many I'm going to make every month but I will manage a few. I'm not sure where I'll donate to yet, but I'll post a link when I find a place, and I'll also post my progress.

So yeah, my mantra this year is 2009 is my year to shine! I'm going to be a better person, to be the best me I can be.

No comments: