Friday, December 26, 2008

Ho-ho-ho!

Merry Christmas! I would have gotten on earlier to write that, but well..... Ray was being a computer commando. It happens when his wow game gets interesting again. So that being said, it only figures that our son would be the same way lol. Lil Ray is a wii commando, and can often be found laying his claim as first player. Yeah, video games are big at our house!

So, on to the more important stuff. I just want to say that I'm very grateful for the friends and family I have in my life and that of my childrens. I couldn't have better in real life and online friends than the ones I have now. And for that I'm humble and grateful. I know it sounds sappy, but eh that's me. Sappy McSapper, otherwise known as Jess.

The kids made out like bandits, when we truly did not expect anything this year. It was amazing to watch them! Scotty brought over 3 huge bags of toys for the kiddos, Kandy got them some dvd's, my mom got them *gasp* guitar hero (for the boys) and a power wheel type toy (for the girly), Timmy and Tanya got them random super heroes and a wii game (for the boys) and a cash register with food (for the girl), and Mikey got them mario party 8 (boys again, and notice the pattern here) and a ride on giraffe (girly). And this is still without the mother in law having visited yet!

So with all that loot, I was found today scrambling to find places for all these toys. Oh, and making christmas dinner! I decided the best place was on the side of the couch still wrapped in their packages. At least until we put the tree out for recycling, then we'll have some freed up room to expand the toy box(es). And, I don't mean to toot my own horn (okay yes I do, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up) but my ham came out so darn juicy! Were full from all that ham and mashed potatoes. Tim and Tanya loved it too!

We had a long busy day, but a great one at that. Thanks to all of our friends and family for stopping by and just being in our lives!

P.S. I kick butt at wii bowling, and it's only a matter of time before I master guitar hero! Boys, duck and cover!

No comments: