Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fa la la la la

Tis the season for all crafters to go mad lol. Okay, well maybe just the last minute crafters like me! I've been working on quite a few projects all at once for the kiddos, and I'm pleased to say I'm almost done with some of them.

First up on the to do list is this great spiderman afghan for Orion. I found the directions/pattern for it here http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/patterns/spidermanroundrippleafghan.html in case anyone wants to try their hand at one. I'm about halfway done with it, but it's very time consuming and somewhat hard on the hands so I take frequent breaks. There's that and the fact that I can only do it after 8 at night, when the kids are in bed. I can't wait to see what he thinks of it!

Then I'm working on some crochet dolls for Ollie and the nieces. I'm thinking of felting them though, so you won't be able to see any of the stuffing through them. And I'm going to sew them clothes to wear instead of crocheting them. Here's the link for the dolls http://yarneverywhere.blogspot.com/ , I'm not making a raggedy ann doll just a regular one.

And last but not least, I'm making some stockings for the kids. My boys will get elf boot stockings, and Ollie and the nieces will get ballerina shoe stockings. I'm done with 2/3 of the ballerina ones, and have the elf ones cut out and ready to be sewn. Here's the link for the ballerina shoe http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11053 and the elf boot http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11054 .

I'm also making each kid a pair or two of pajama bottoms. Oh and some ispy bags for the boys. The bags I'm just going to sort of flub together. And all of the stuff for these gifts cost me less than $20! I waited till Joanns was having some sales, and I used 2 50% off coupons and got some great prices, go me.

So other than all my projects, I have just enough time to catch up on a tad bit of sleep. So forgive me to all my friends who have not heard from me, I am m.i.a. until I finish all of these things. I will check in with everyone soon!

No comments: