Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Melancholy

I finally finished the halter dress I started for Olivia like 2 weeks ago. Not that it was hard, I was just in a funk. All it needed was a bit more of elastic on one of the legs of the panties, and I had to hem the bottom of the dress. I'm happy about that, that it's finished.... sort of. It looks a little too plain, and needs something. Maybe I'll baste on some trim tomorrow to see how that looks, if it's a nice though she'll be wearing it.

And my dress.... *ugh* don't even get me started. The designs I had drawn up for it, were so wrong for this fabric. I'm very insistent though on using this fabric, so I'm pushing on. The shape looked like a bag on me, and makes me look fatter than I am (I think it's the pattern). I've chopped the poor thing up so much now that it's far from where it started. After cutting off the bust area and adding in some well needed darts, I'm somewhat pleased with the shape it's taking now. At least it doesn't look like a bag anymore. I still have so much work to do on it though, and I'm afraid it won't be ready in time. Ray's been super good at encouraging me to finish it and giving me those words I need to hear (you know, it looks really good, and I like that) lol. I think I'll ask my mom though, no offense but my baby knows nothing about fashion.

Today was also a day I've been dreading for a while now. I started to wean Olivia off of the breast and onto a bottle. She took it pretty fine during the day, but boy was she being stubborn at bedtime. I'm weak at heart though and gave in.... sort of. I nursed her some, and then sang her to sleep with some random made up song lol. I don't think nights will go over well for her in the transition. I hope I'm making the right choice, it's hard to give it up (for both of us) but I haven't slept through the night in almost 9 months. It'll be nice to have a break, when Ray helps.

I better go to bed now, I have no idea what kind of night I'm in for!

No comments: