Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby steps (mine)

Today I took a small step towards my goal of selling my clothes. I opened an Etsy shop, but I haven't made anything yet to sell (lol). I'm hoping to put a few things in it by this weekend, but it all depends on how much the kids let me sew. Slowly but surely I feel like I'm going to get there.

I'm super in love with making Olly rompers this week. Mainly because she gets so mad when she's trying to crawl and she gets caught on her dress'. Oh, and the fact that bonnets look uber cute with the rompers. She's going to hate me when she's older for dressing her like this, but I promise it serves a purpose other than being adorable. She doesn't have enough hair to cover her scalp, and I don't want her to get sunburn on her scalp. What better way to protect her than to put on a hat?

I'm also hoping to make the boys some shorts this week. I bought them this awesome fabric that they love. Orion got a blue fabric with motorcycles that have flames coming from them, it reminds us all of ghostrider. Raymond got black fabric with pirate skulls on it, he's so like his daddy. I'm hoping to do something with the leftover fabric and their shirts to make some sort of set, but then again they might just be too old for stuff like that. We'll see what I can come up with.

No comments: