Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Day!

Happy Valentines Day! There's so much to love on a day like this, and it's not the commercial store bought gifts, sparkly new diamond something, or indulgent chocolate treats that your sweety will give you. It's the fact that the sun is shining, it's a bright new day, and I have 3 of the most fantastical people in the world to spend it with.... my babies!

I've never had a great valentines day, since I've always had crappy (read: immature) boyfriends growing up. Because of that I never made a big deal about it (or any other holiday) once I got with Big Ray. So we've never really celebrated, and it's fine with me. Just thought some people might like an explanation of why it's another day.

This year however, I find myself loving the idea of Vday. I got to sleep in till 11, Ollie is down for a nap at the moment, the boys are watching cartoons, and I'm getting some much needed me time. In a bit when my priss wakes up, we'll have a late lunch and watch some movies together and snuggle under a blanket. Perfect! Then we'll all make dinner together (the kids favorite), pizza muffins! Can it really get any better than this?

No comments: