Friday, September 19, 2008

Not autistic enough

Wow, I never thought I'd hear someone say that to me about my son. So even though he's on the spectrum, he's not autistic enough to qualify for any extra services. BS, I say! I ran into some guys who work for regional center the other night at work though, and they said he should qualify. So here I am waiting for the secretary to call me back about when I can pick up a copy of my son's report to submit to Regional. Ugh, this is so tiresome. I have to go here and go there, and get this and get that. Why can't someone just realize that he still needs help. I'm trying to help my son be a functioning person, and everyone is denying me resources to help him accomplish that. I'll get there eventually, but until then the fight continues.

No comments: