Monday, October 18, 2010

Butterfly Update

We are now on day 3 of the chrysalis stage! The kids are waiting patiently for our butterflies to emerge, and are even more excited now after being able to see them at the bug fair.

We got lucky and all 5 of our caterpillars seem to have made it this far. This morning after observations, I finally took them out of their cup and pinned them inside the netted cage. I have to admit, I'm a bit creeped out by the way they look.

I was searching around for other butterfly ideas, and came across Mama Jenn's blog, and her neat idea to use butterfly pictures to make a matching game. Bunny loves plays it the most, but the boys did have fun with it too! I did it the same way Mama Jenn did, and it seems to be holding up fairly well since it's laminated.

Tonight I hope to get started on making some pumpkin experiment sheets, so we can start on those experiments soon :)

1 comment:

Mama Jenn said...

Thanks for linking! My kids still love the butterfly matching!!!